We Met in a Bar

Ireland

Here are a few pictures from my trip to Ireland. We stayed in Dublin for 3 days, one of which was spent in County Wicklow visiting family members on Bryan’s side that we had never met before. It was a very cool experience. I think that next time we go to Ireland we won’t do Dublin, we will stay in the south and west where it is a bit more country and green.

blog_trip-001

blog_trip-002

blog_trip-005

blog_trip-004

blog_trip-003

blog_trip-006

I’ll also be posting pictures of the Scotland portion of our trip this week!

6 comments

1 Michelle { 08.08.10 at 11:16 pm }

Hi Heather, So great you got to travel to Ireland – we’re thinking about taking a vacation there within the next year. Would you recommend the spring/summer time and are there any places we must see?

2 Sara { 08.09.10 at 5:45 am }

so beautiful! thanks for sharing the photos of your trip!

3 Kristy { 08.09.10 at 12:25 pm }

Gorgeous! Oh, how I want to go somewhere. Glad y’all had a good time!

4 Nichole { 08.09.10 at 12:50 pm }

Hi Heather! I was having brunch at Champagne last Saturday with my husband and my brother, and saw you walk in with your hubby. I wanted to say hi and congratulate you on the baby, but I didn’t want you to think I was a big weirdo. Wanna know how I first noticed you?…catching a glimpse of your oober cute cardi, which I’m assuming is from J. Crew. =D

5 Heather { 08.09.10 at 6:18 pm }

michelle: you must must must go! The weather there in July was overcast and a little drizzle, but I never had to bust out the umbrella. I am not sure how it is the rest of the year but summertime was not bad at all. As far as must sees, I would probably say all the things we didn’t see :) Next time we go I want to see the Cliffs of Mohr and more of the countryside. I wouldn’t say Dublin is a must see unless you are in the country for a long time and can see it all (no offense dublin).

Nichole: I totally saw you! I was eyeing your crepes :) Next time you see me you have to come say hi, it would have been awesome! It is such a small, weird blogging world! And I am trying to remember what I was wearing… a grey and white polka dot sweater i think? If so, it was a J. Crew wanna be from Target! Although after our chocolate croissants we did hit up J. Crew, and Bryan had to force me straight to the mens section and then right out so that I didn’t snatch up all of the new fall stuff :)

6 Scotland on canvas — We Met in a Bar { 11.14.11 at 8:46 pm }

[...] last real trip was last summer when we went to Ireland and then Scotland. I have a million pictures but had yet to commit to printing and hanging any [...]