We Met in a Bar

walmart?

We have had a hard time finding a modern looking crib. We want something white and not too girly or elaborate since we don’t know the gender yet and we aren’t super elaborate people. Try going to babies-r-us and finding something not elaborate. Impossible. (Not that those cribs aren’t lovely, gorgeous even, they just aren’t for us.) So in the midst of this crib dilemma I have spotted a few perfect cribs that are both from… wait for it… Walmart. I know. Walmart.

Not sure if I like the Parklane or the Olivia better, but both will do, and at  under $300 each I would happily take either one!

joanna-goddard-nursery-decor-ideas

(The Olivia, seen here)

hc-la-nursery

(The Parklane, seen here)

8 comments

1 Krysten { 08.16.10 at 6:55 pm }

Not sure if you have Ikea out that way, but I’ve heard they have great, durable cribs.

2 Heather { 08.16.10 at 6:57 pm }

We do have an ikea (Our entire apartment is filled with it!) but there is something about buying a crib from there that I just can’t do. I am sure that they meet all the regulations and everything but we want our crib to last through multiple children and ikea just doesn’t sound right for that. Anyone else out there use an ikea crib?! I’d love to hear your thoughts!!

3 Veronica { 08.16.10 at 10:03 pm }

Ikea has been ranked with the safest crib 3 years running now. I only know this because my sister is pregnant and found it during her research. Just thought it was interesting…it does make sense though. After all, the dad is the one who builds it. 🙂

4 Pam { 08.16.10 at 10:34 pm }

I love both! Esp the parklane! Walmart gets a big highfive on that one!

5 Natalie { 08.16.10 at 10:48 pm }

Why are you so surprised about Walmart, haha! Support my future hubby 🙂

6 Arabella { 08.17.10 at 3:51 am }

I hear you about wanting your crib to last through multiple children, but teething kids love to chew on their cribs. Unless you plan to refinish between children (or don’t mind having bite marks all along the rail for baby #2) it may make sense to go with the $100 Gulliver from IKEA! We have friends who bought a beautiful Oeuf for their first, thinking it would be a piece that would last them through multiple kiddos – not the case! They are now expecting a second and are on the hunt for a cheap crib.

7 Amanda B { 08.18.10 at 6:04 am }

We have the parklane in expresso and love it so far! We don’t have a baby to try it out just yet, but it looks great (very modern!) in the room. I love that the side rails don’t move, but I can still easily reach over it (I’m only 5’3″) I originally found the crib through young house love and fell in love because it is made of real wood (not particle board like Ikea) and it’s sustainable wood.

8 Liana { 08.24.10 at 6:18 am }

Not sure if there is a USA Baby in your town, but I used to work there in my hometown and they have inexepensive to WAY expensive cribs, but still the less expensive ones were WAY nice and there are so MANY different options. Check it out if you do have one!